Jeffrey S. Cummings, DMD
Dr. Jeffrey S. Cummings graduated from Middlebury College in 1983 and received his D.M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1987. He spent the next five years training with the Chairman of Complete Dentures in Denture Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry. In 1988 he was named director of implant recall at the Tufts Implant Center. In 1992, he became an Assistant Professor of Complete Denture Prosthodontics, where he has lectured on Implant Dentistry and Gross Anatomy.
He has taught future dentists their craft at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and is an established leader who still finds time to advance his own training by traveling to courses all over the country and in Europe, putting him at the top of his field. He also published the papers below in highly respected dental journals.
- Prosthodontic Treatment of Implant Patients by Predoctoral Students: 5 Year Follow-up with IMZ System. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 1995; 74:56-59
- Differential Diagnosis and Treatment Planning for Implant Candidates. Journal of Massachusetts Dental Society. Winter, 1992
- Evaluation of the Measurement of Analgesic Efficacy in Dental Outpatients. Journal of Dental Research. 1987
- Retail Dentistry vs. Traditional Dentistry: A Sociological Pilot Study of The Dental Profession. Quintessence International Dental Digest. September, 1985.
In 2012, Dr. Cummings decided he wanted to mentor new graduates in dentistry and consequently opened NK Family Dentistry, named after his children. NK Has two recent graduates working in general dentistry, Dr. Lui and Dr. Tran.
Dr. Cummings has been in private practice since 1989 and is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Dental Association
- National Society of Dental Practitioners
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Robert R. Andrews Society for Dental Research
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
In his spare time, Dr. Cummings raises his two children, Nick and Katya, and enjoys playing golf and squash recreationally. He fundraises both for junior golf and junior squash because he believes they both develop great habits at a young age.